Sendong / Washi Relief: How You Can Help Locally and Overseas
My friend Nell dug this up for me from Facebook. What follows is a very comprehensive list of contacts and ways to help out those in Cagayan de Oro and Iligan locally and overseas, compiled from Twitter and Facebook by Anne Elicaño.
Flash floods claim more than 500 lives in the Philippines one week before Christmas; This is how you can help
by Anne Elicaño on Sunday, December 18, 2011 at 12:30pm
(Last updated: December 19, 3.31pm)
Quick facts about Typhoon Sendong:
- At least 500 people are dead in Northern Mindanao, mostly from Cagayan de Oro and in nearby Iligan City. Strong tropical typhoons rarely hit the area so people were caught unaware when Typhoon Sendong swept through. Flash floods swept hundreds of houses into the sea in the middle of the night.
- An estimated 100,000 people were displaced which is the worst storm in the history of the region.
- Cagayan de Oro and Iligan contain many of the most fertile agricultural lands in the Philippines. The local economy will suffer a blow because of the flash flood.
- In Iligan City, food, water, clothing, blankets, lights and mosquito nets are urgently needed, according to reports by the Philippine Red Cross.
I’ve started compiling information from Twitter and Facebook. Here’s how you can help:
- Donate to the Philippine Red Cross through online transfer- http://www.redcross.org.ph/donatenow
- LBC is accepting donations WORLDWIDE. They will directly send to LBC Foundation Philippines whose NGO partner in Cagayan de Oro is Red Cross.
- KSA – Store 14-16 Abi Alabass co. Murshdi Sts. Al Batha District Riyadh, KSA
- UAE – Mubarak Khalifa Bldg 75 Shop 4 10D St Al Karama, Dubai, UAE
- Singapore – LBC Aircargo 2/F Lucky Plaza 304 Orchard Road Singapore
- HK – Worldwide 1, 2 & 33/F Worldwide House 19 Des Veoux Road Central HK
- HK – Tsuen Wan Branch 2/F Liksang Plaza 269 Castle Peak Road Tsuen Wan, New Territory
- HK -Hung Hom Branch G/F Planet Square 1-15 Takman St Hunghom, Kowloon
- HK – Northpoint Branch G/F Blk 7-14 Garden 233 Electric Road
- HK – To Kwa Wan Warehouse 2/F On Lok Factory Bldg. Blk C. 88-90 Kawloon City Road Tokwawan, Kowloon
- HK – Kennedy Warehouse 20/F Hongkong Industrial Bldg 444-456 Des Veoux Road, West HK
- Brunei – G-06 Badiah Complex Jalan Tutong, BSB
- Malaysia – G/F Kota Raya Complex Lot G.13 Jalan Tun Tan Cheng Lock, KL
- Malaysia – B11 4.08 Complex Tun Abdul Razak Georgetown, Pulau Penang
- Taiwan – No. 27-1 Chung Shan North Road, Sec. 3 Chung Shan District, Taipei City
- Taiwan – No. 360-5 Demin Rd. Nantzu District, Kaohsuing
- Taiwan – No. 34 Lane 62, Chung Cheng Road Taoyuan
- United Kingdom – Unit 9, Victoria Industrial Estate, Victoria Road, Acton, W3 6UU
- Spain – Calle Doctor Cirajas # 12 Planta Calle 28017 Madrid Spain
- Spain – C/Roure 2-4 Poligono Mas Mateu El Prat De Llobregat, 08829, Barcelona
- Italy – Via Calatafimi 20, 00185 Rome, Italy
- Italy – Privata Turro #8, Milan, 20127 Italy
1. Donate to Gawad Kalinga U.S.A branch and more http://www.bakitwhy.com/articles/tropical-storm-washi-local-name-bagyong-sendong-devastates-northern-mindanao
2. Donate to PhiDev through online transfer- https://secure3.convio.net/phdev/site/Donation2?df_id=1401&1401.donation=form1&set.SingleDesignee=1881&JServSessionIdr004=z7xs4t1dr3.app332b
MANILA, OTHER PHILIPPINE CITIES
It’s time to display the magnificent show of bayanihan that we all saw during Typhoon Ondoy.
- Drop off donations at any LBC branch nationwide, it will be delivered to Mindanao for free. More info: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2277658913001&set=a.1371322015145.2050590.1594611883&type=1&ref=nf
- Cash donations to Ateneo de Cagayan/ Xavier University
Account Name: Xavier University
Account Number: 9331-0133-63
Bank: Bank of the Philippine Islands, Cagayan de Oro – Divisoria Branch
Those who wish to receive receipts for their donations, may email email@example.com with the details of their donation (donor’s name, receiving branch, date, amount) for proper acknowledgment.)
- Cash donations to La Salle Academy Iligan
(via @DLSUManila) “We would like to request for your assistance in helping our Lasallian brothers and sisters in Iligan who were affected by typhoon “Sendong”. Cash donations may be deposited to La Salle Academy Iligan via Development Bank of the Philippines (DBP) Account No. 0820-016221-030. Kindly inform Lourdes Melegrito of DLSU COSCA the details of your donation at email firstname.lastname@example.org, Tel. No. 524-4611 local 147, or telefax 523-4143. Thank you very much.”
- La Salle Greenhills High School – Bring your donations of used clothes, medicine, food, etc to Gate 2
- ABS-CBN’s Sagip Kapamilya accepts donations in-kind. Drop off for Manila is at Sagip Kapamilya ABS-CBN Foundation. Mother Ignacia cor. Eugenio Lopez, Quezon City. For other cities, more info here: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/epiivv
- SMART telecom subscribers: Smart Money users can instantly transfer funds through their mobile phones to the official Baha Fund account number 5577 5130 6822 1104.
- Globe Telecom subscribers: Through GCASH, text DONATE and send to 2882.
- Volunteer to repack goods- Volunteers needed to repack goods starting Dec 18 at NROC Chapel Rd, Pasay City, at the back of Air Transportation Office. ( Via @dinkysunflower).
- Potable water fund- Donate to Rock Ed’s potable water fund for CDO. Details: BPI Loyola Heights 3080-0073-44, Rock Ed Philippines. (http://gangbadoy.tumblr.com/post/14394685310/donate-to-rock-eds-potable-water-fund-for-cdo)
- Contact Binsoi Rivera : 09175007092
Silliman University, Dumaguete City
- Drop off donations at St . Scholastica Academy Gym, La Salle Avenue, Bacolod.
CAGAYAN DE ORO/ ILIGAN
- Drop by and help relief operations at Xavier University. More info: http://www.xu.edu.ph/index.php/other-news/642-bagyong-sendong-relief-operations-in-xavier-university
- Send donations to Corpus Christi School, Tomasaco Street, Cagayan de Oro
Contact Harvey Maraguinot : 0917-8888427
- Volunteers are needed at DSWD (Cagayan De Oro). Call 09066150095.
- Send donations to Gawad Kalinga Iligan- GK Missionville, Purok 3, Canaway, Tibanga, Iligan City
Contact Judi Bentoy : 09178888745
- Pass on info about medical assistance:
- Polymedic Medical Plaza – Free outpatient consultation and tetanus shots at or flood-related injuries. Doc Farina will be there everyday except Dec 20.
- Macasanding Evacuation Center – Wound dressing on December 19, 2011 ( please get in touch with Bert @ 09264631441)
- For breastfeeding please contact Dr. Jessamine Mae C. Sareno 09175014155
- West City Central School – Free clinic (free medicines and relief goods will be given away. Please contact Dr. Fahad Macadato on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000210344825)
- Pass on info about Evacuation Centers in Cagayan de Oro City
- City Central School in Yacapin-Velez Streets
- West City Central School in Vamenta Blvd, Carmen
- Macasandig Gym
- Bulua Gymnasium
- Xavier University
- Contact the Iligan Bloggers Society: http://iliganbloggers.com / email@example.com / http://www.facebook.com/iliganbloggers
- Pass on info about free water points in Cagayan de Oro (repost from @cukiebangs)
1) balulang booster station
2) production well 3a near Macasandig;
3) COWD Kauswagan Office;
4) Faucet near MUST;
5) some fire hydrants near GSIS Carmen and other areas with BFP coordination
6.) Rainsoft in NHA highway (beside Mazda) is giving free nawasa water.
- (Repost from @JuletteAlon) Google docs for missing persons- For people searching flor lost relatives and friends, this is a form where they can submit the name online, results of which will be shared/forwarded to the search/rescue/retrieval operations team on the ground. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?hl=en_US&formkey=dExEVzZ0SlVEZVRWTUxRZGNGbkp5eEE6MQ#gid=0
If you have information on how to help, please message me, I will continue to update this list. Please also feel free to share this on your walls or copy/paste the vital stuff so we reach more people who can help.
Twitter accounts with on-ground info on what’s needed and how to help: @RockEdIligan, @Mindanaoan
Posted on December 19, 2011, in Philippines and tagged aid, bacolod, brunei, cagayan de oro, cdo, donation, drop off, dubai, dumaguete, goods, help, Hong Kong, iligan, international, italy, lbc, malaysia, medical, overseas, philippines, relief, sendong, singapore, spain, taiwan, typhoon, UK, USA, washi, water. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.